[3830] RTTY WPX VE3AP(@VE3RM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cgfernandez@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE3AP(@VE3RM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:45:19 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE3AP
Operator(s): VE3AP
Station: VE3RM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: L'Orignal
Operating Time (hrs): 29.8
Radios: SO2R

   80:  348  1588
   40:  352  1640
   20:  760  2041
   15:  136   310
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1596  5579  Prefixes = 576  Total Score = 3,213,504

Club:

Comments:

Station #1: Yaesu FT-1000MP, H-B Amplifier 1Kw, PK-232, PC Pentium 233 MHz

Station#2: Kenwood TS-940, PK-232, PC Pentium 150 MHz

Antennnas: Bencher Skywalker, TH-5, 402CD, dipole for 80 meter, EU Beverage

THANKS to Don VE3RM to be a great host, for his support, his conversation about
radios, tubes, history, etc..

It was planed as MS operation together with Richard VE3KI, using N1MM, PK232s,
MMTTY, Cluster, etc, but unfortunately Richard couldn't go. Although I don't
like operated RTTY contest as single operator (very boring from my point of
view, because the RTTY contest are "the social contest", you have time to talk
with your team-operators, laughing together, etc). I tried SO2R AB HP for first
time in RTTY, but using old setup: 2 PK-232, 2 Pentium I PC running DOS 6.2 and
WF1B, not cluster, my only target was having fun.

I'd started one hour later, because I haven't use WF1B in last 3 o 4 years and
configuring the soft for 2 radios was a little challenging (I never operated
SO2R with WF1B before), and we need to get another desktop PC, because the
notebook, planned for using, have only one RS232 and I need 2 on each PC.

I spent the first day trying to work as many station as possible, didn't taking
care on my score, but on the 2nd day I was focusing on that and spent all Sunday
morning running US in 40 rather (4 points per QSO) than run EU in 15 or 20 meter
(3 points per QSO). Finished my operation at 20 GMT on Sunday off of operation
time. 30 hours is very short, I prefer 36 hours format as SSB/CW.

Best QSOs: ZL in 40 meter LP, 4K6DI in 80 (only readable in the beverage) and a
VE4 in 21 Mhz (very rare in this part of solar cycle).

I made only 120 QSO in my 2nd radio, it was barefoot, but I need to improve my
SO2R operation for sure. Congratulation to Glen VA3DX and Noel VE2RYY for
theirs scores, both are real RTTY contesters.

I hope to be active some hours in ARRL CW, as I haven't radio at home, I'm
planning to buy 3 dozens of donuts on Saturday morning, start a trip to visit
some of HAM in this area and exchange some donuts for time to operate theirs
radios. :-).

I'm planning to be again at VE3RM for CQ 160 SSB.

73, Claudio VE3AP-VE2DWA-LU7DW