[3830] ARRLDX CW KD2MX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2mx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KD2MX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:11:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oakland, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    3     3
   80:   46    32
   40:   90    47
   20:  184    60
   15:  102    41
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  429   187  Total Score = 240,669

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My first three qsos were working JA qrp.  That was a thrill (I'm easily excited)
as those were my first qrp JAs.  I started out qrp for the first hour but
figured I'd be giving up a lot of fun, especially on 40 &80, so I opted for LP.
 This is my first contest as a YCCC member and I wanted to be able to submit a
decent score plus work some new countries.  While I did ok last year as a qrp
entry, I have to say I had a blast this year, despite 10m being mostly dead
here.

Fortunately, 15m was in pretty good shape both days.  Was able to work ZL & KH6
easily as well as EU Sunday.  Finally found KL7 on cw.  I think kl7wv had one of
the bigger pileups that I heard.  He made a brief appearance here Saturday
afternoon but I wasn't able to work him (maybe cause I first tried qrp as I
still need AK for qrp WAS) but I had better luck on Sunday.  KH6 was almost a
dime a dozen.

10m was dead on Saturday but I managed to squeeze out a few multipliers on
Sunday.  It was very spotty although the 6s & 7s were blasting here.

Personally I was thrilled with the weekend.  Worked many new countries, just
about everything I heard, and blew past my score of last year, which had been,
my first dx test in many, many years.  Ran almost entirely S&P.  Will have to
try as an assisted entry next year, I spent a lot of time listening for calls
this weekend, time that might've been better spent calling cq.

Looking forward to the phone contest....