Re: [3830] ARRLDX CW N0VD SOSB/160 HP

To: <n0vd@dxcentral.com>, <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [3830] ARRLDX CW N0VD SOSB/160 HP
From: "Phil Krichbaum" <vailphil@sopris.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:40:33 -0700
        I also didn't hear any EU/AF on 160 out of my 31 QSOs in 16 enities. My
best DX was VK9DNX who was easy to copy on my newly finished aprox 750 ft
beverage running  SW to NE. Both nights the EA8s and CT9, CN2s wre strong on
80 at their SR and I kept checking 160 for them but it didn't happen, the
KH6s and JAs were OK on 160 also. Now I realize I need to finished the xmit
4 SQ for 80 and who knows what I'll have for next winter on 160 xmit.
        I found a 1/4 mile of #14 AL electric fence ware at a local rancher
store
along with some screw in insulators with 25 to a bag for about $3. I screwed
them in up about 10 to 15 feet to keep the wire  out of 4 legged critter
range.
        Phil N0KE