[3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 00:59:28 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  125    34
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  125    34  Total Score = 12,648

Club:

Comments:

Left Indiana in a snow storm to get to sunny Kenai, Alaska for the
ARRL DX code single band 160 entry. Topband didn't show much activity
pre contest so I was thinking of switching to 80 the first night
but decided to stick with the plan. Probably a mistake as I had only
one decent hour out of the ten with US prop and that hour accounted
for half the Q's. This would have been good conditions for the CQ-160
as JA and the Caribbean stations would have been easy to work along
with some Europe the first night. When the band did finally open to
the US, stations were loud, but it just didn't last very long.
Meanwhile the JA stations were loud all night. I quit after the Sunday
East coast sunrise and not working the Green Hornet which is always
a good sign to give up. 73 Rich KL7RA