[3830] ARRLDX CW W4KAZ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kazeringue@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4KAZ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 06:09:18 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 4+

  160:    0     0
   80:   17    14
   40:   30    20
   20:   31    22
   15:   48    34
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  126    90  Total Score = 33,210

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Several 30 minute forays into low sunspot DX contesting, for only about four or
five hours total time.  Boy, that sure stunk--:o  I'm sure not looking
forward to trying this with the MyCrowFone for SSB.

So here's to hoping that by the next sunspot minimum, I'll have a better
station.

Still, I managed to work Hawaii, Alaska, New Zealand
and South Africa, all pretty good for the peanut whistle.  KH6LC was really
loud in here a couple of times.  ZM1A was solid copy in here too.  They were
not as strong as the KH6--but ZM didn't have a pile up, and he must have good
ears because he was able to get me on the first try.  I just luv 15 meters.
Always have, always will.

Too bad 10 meters didn't show any life too.

80 meters turned up more DX entities for me than normal, and the locals
were just BOOMING on 80 meters, compared to November SS.

My 20 meter dipole proved that it is at a better height for DX than
domestic--mostly because it really stinks in the domestic contests, not because
it excels at DX!

Persistance is futile--er, um...well, something like that.  ;)

73
W4KAZ