[3830] ARRLDX CW AB7E SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AB7E SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:07:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AB7E
Operator(s): AB7E
Station: AB7E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:   78    46
   40:  197    60
   20:  114    56
   15:   73    38
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  466   204  Total Score = 285,192

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

My amplifier wasn't putting out full power and I don't have my tower up yet, so
I was running about 300 watts to dipoles cut for 80m, 40m, and 20m.  Not enough
ummph to run very often, so mostly did S&P.  I live on a steep hillside facing
northeast, and relatively speaking I actually did better on the low bands.  40m
was pretty good to southern Europe, but oddly enough 80m was quite a bit better
to northern Europe.  The mountain range to the west of me blocks everything
except for the stronger JA's, so I'll never be able to rack up high QSO counts
from this QTH.  It's always fun, though, and hopefully I will have a better
setup by the end of 2007.  Most enjoyable contact was having R1FJT call me on
40m at 3:30 AM local time to pop me out of a half slumber.