[3830] ARRLDX CW K4RO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4RO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:15:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:   17    14
   80:   97    47
   40:  312    76
   20:  549    86
   15:  376    78
   10:   14     7
-------------------
Total: 1365   308  Total Score = 1,246,476

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I managed to stay interested enough to put 31 hours in the chair.
Conditions were not the best, but at least it was quiet, and I
was able to hear fairly well. I didn't spend my usual late night
time on the low bands. I guess I was exhausted from a new project
at work that has been keeping me up late the last few weeks.

I need to add lights to my Beverage direction switch box so
that I don't try running EU on the SE antenna. In fact, my
whole RX antenna situation hasn't changed much in several
years. I think it might be time for a makeover.

Shortest call - EE5E - would have made CT1BOH proud. :-)
And I5IHE - now dat's a lotta dits!  Hope I didn't bust it.

Some pretty nice DX on the bands including EL, 6V, 5H, VK9N,
R1F, and RK2 on many bands. Best QRP signal was 4M2L.

Too many people sending worked B4, and NOT allowing another
QSO. Good ops like W2GD might tell you B4, but only AFTER they
work you again. (Sorry John, I caught your keyer sending P40J
one time, and I pounced before thinking about it.)

I hope the TCG's intrepid travelers K0EJ and W4PA had fun as
V49A and VY2PA. I'd like to try this one off-shore some day,
now that I've done the CQWW and WPX contests as DX.  Also I
see that N4ZZ has finally ended his decade-long single op streak,
and operated 40 meters at NQ4I. I hope you had fun OM.

Thanks to all of the DX stations that get on the air
and make this event so much fun to operate.

73

-Kirk  K4RO