[3830] ARRLDX CW W3DQ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W3DQ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:39:21 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ, W2CDO
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   30    23
   80:  132    61
   40:  194    75
   20:  320    83
   15:  144    64
   10:    4     2
-------------------
Total:  824   308  Total Score = 761,376

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A tough slog this year.  Noise environment has gotten much worse, so hearing is
still  hard.  Couldn't get a run going at any time, and was rarely spotted -- a
surprise.

The 80m inv-L worked out well, but the 40m dipole isn't enough. The Orion had
some unexpected but curable hiccups.  I'm sure we missed folks coming back to
us when the radio crashed.

Worked lots of new ones, including 4U1UN on 4 bands. Many more worked us on 5
bands than last year, but only KH7X got us on all 6. Being passed to 10 meters
was a cruel joke!

Partnering with W2CDO in this effort was great. Peter's excellent CW skills and
overall knowledge made up for my lack of knowhow!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC