[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6CNU SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE6CNU SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:47:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  325    75
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  325    75  Total Score = 73,125

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Last year I did a single band low power 15m effort as my first ARRL DX CW
contest, so this year I decided to try 20m single band low power.  It was sure
a lot more fun and I about tripled last year's score.  I even worked two "new
ones" and managed to get through most of the pileups I heard (the 8P9 was the
toughest).  There was one pileup though (Saturday afternoon), I never could
figure out the guy's call, even after listening for over half an hour.  Guess
that will teach me to operate unassisted!

The condx from Calgary were surprisingly good both days - especially
considering that DX has been pitiful here for many weeks.  Fortunately, there
was a good path to JA (domo arigato!), as they accounted for about 40% of my
total QSO count.

As my FT-1000MP is waiting on a replacement board (so far about one month), I
relied on my TS-440S which came through like a champ.  The antenna is a TH6 DXX
at 13m.

Thanks to all who gave me a point, and even to  all those Americans who thought
they were helping.

See y'all in the next one.

Jerry
VE6CNU