[3830] ARRLDX CW N5DO SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5DO SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:41:50 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   17    12
   80:   76    42
   40:  287    67
   20:  260    76
   15:  176    52
   10:   26    12
-------------------
Total:  842   261  Total Score = 659,286

Club:

Comments:

I had to attend a meeting in Austin, 400 miles to the east.  It ended about
11:00 am, so I was able to hit the road at 11:30.  Fortunately, around 240
miles of I10 that I have to travel has an 80 mph speed limit, so I pulled into
the house with 30 minutes to spare.  Since I was tired at the start of the
contest, I planned on stopping fairly early to get some needed sleep.  But 40M
would not let me -- conditions to asia were wonderful.  I was able to run JAs
on an absolutely quiet band.  I could hear everyone well -- regardless of how
much power they were running.  Stations with 5 watts were as strong as those
with 100 watts.  It was magical, and I kept saying to myself just another hour,
then I'll sleep.  At 4:30 am I finally stopped to sleep.

The other fun time was on Sunday afternoon when I discovered that 10M was open
to the Carribean.  I was able to quickly pick up 10 new multipliers.  In my
sleep deprived state it seemed to me like I was finding little treasures (or
Easter eggs or something)with every few khz move in frequency.

Thanks to all the DX for participating in this contest.