[3830] ARRLDX CW HG6N M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha1ag@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HG6N M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:42:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HG6N
Operator(s): HA3FTA, HA3NU, HA3OV, HA6ON, HA6ND, HA6NQ, HA1AG
Station: HG6N

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   36    14
   80:  480    45
   40:  784    53
   20:  867    58
   15:  524    44
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2691   214  Total Score = 1,727,622

Club:

Comments:

A contest we will never forget...

Normally ARRL CW has the highest fun factor for us: usually knee-deep snow on
the hill, no rotator problems, lots of good (but very unhealthy) food, litres
of redwine etc and easy pileups. This time it was completely different: the
termination of the beverages were chewed up by wild boars in the forest, a big
part of the wire was stolen, 6 hours before the start we only had a 160m and
15m antenna functioning. However as usually at 2355 everything seemed to be
ready for the contest but it was only a elusive mirage... Within half an hour
the Run amp broke down (tube got fried) and it was just the beginning... 48
hours later we were beyond 5 amp repair breaks, a replaced IP router and a few
other O&M issues... Anyway we kept working the pileups and had some fun with
the fb 80m condx and the hot 15m sprints.

Next year it can only be better :))