[3830] NAQP RTTY W7WHY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W7WHY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:58:32 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Radios: SO2R

   80:    45    22
   40:    97    38
   20:   166    43
   15:     8     4
   10:     0     0
--------------------
Total: 33812   107  Total Score = 33,812

Club:

Team: GMCC Desert Rats

Comments:

Fun!!  Love these RTTY contests.

Had a couple of Murphy visits this time.  The amp tripped out in the middle of
a run on 40 and put me to low power for about an hour.  That sure slowed things
down.  The feedline on the 40 vertical came off and had to re-do that.  Had a 1
hour of 61 for the best.  We also had a bad thunder and lightening storm that
made things interesting so we had to shut things down for a while.

Seems like the RTTY ops are really catching on.  Very few are using the <enter>
at the end of the macro's any more.  Only had one station that called me with
about 4 cr/lf at the end and every time he gave his call, it just disappeared
off the screen.  Most unusual exchange I saw was someone who sent "XX IN SW
AZ."  That was a head scratcher for a minute.

Bands seemed in pretty good shape.  The 80 and 40 meter bands were good here.
Was working the east coast in broad daylight here.  Was glad to have some DX
call in even if they don't count, still like to work them.  Called CQ on 10 but
no takers.

Thanks to the NCJ for a fun way to spend Saturday.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT + SB200 ~300 watts +RASCAL
Radio 2  FT-840 +RASCAL

N1MM Logger 7.0.1

80 meter dipole, 80 meter vertical, 40 meter vertical x 2, 20 meter hb 2 el
monobander, 20 meter vertical, 15 meter dipole, G5RV, hb 2 el 10 meter
monobander