[3830] NAQP RTTY WF3C(@W4MLB) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.plumblee@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WF3C(@W4MLB) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:35:45 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: WF3C
Operator(s): WF3C
Station: W4MLB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:   80    32
   40:  125    44
   20:  165    33
   15:   28    10
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  400   120  Total Score = 48,000

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: Florida Boys

Comments:

If the contest ended either earlier or later, it would be easier for me to do a
full-time effort, but facing an hour-plus drive back at midnight (with offtime
and resetting the station from contesting to general operating) was just too
much. I hit a round number shortly before 11:00, and was on the way back home
at 11:30.

No real equipment problems in this one, so I'll have to pin the sub-par rates
and score on the operator. I did have a problem with the audio from the rig
getting to the modem properly, and by the time I switched rigs to fix the
problem I'd taken 25 minutes. I figured I'd take a few more to reach the full
30 minutes.

SO1R in this contest is a killer. I felt like I was missing a lot of stations
on  other bands even when I was running at a decent rate. If I get ambitious
next time, I may try to move the second (identical) station at W4MLB down the
bench and use both rigs. The only other antenna is a 30m/80m inverted vee, but
at the bottom of the cycle  that would be better than nothing.

A number of three-band contacts, no four-band contacts that I can think of (I
heard W6YX on 80m, but they couldn't hear me). The only two five-banders were
local teammates that I moved to 10m before 11PM when their operating time ran
out.

Station:

TS-850 w/dual 500Hz filters
Moseley Pro67B @ 60'
30m/80m Inv-Vee @ 58'
AF4Z Multi-Modem
Writelog 10.53 on an old Windows 98 machine

73,
Chris WF3C/4