[3830] CQ160 SSB KL7RA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KL7RA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:38:34 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 179  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 7  Total Score = 44,590

Club:

Comments:

First night I was very weak and struggled to get station's attention.
Second night I was louder to the US and struggled to hear the stations
now calling me. Never seems to be an even split. Paul, N4PN was
probably the longest heard and most consistent loud signal from his
new QTH in GA. I don't care for SSB on topband but for sure the
band was packed from 1803 on up past 1930 so it's a popular mode
even on this band. Want to have fun in a big pile from 6/7 land? Get
on right before sunrise on the second day as fresh meat. The East and
Midwest stations are now gone and the band is picked clean. The pack
of predators are scanning back and forth looking for anything not a dupe.
Big feeding frenzy when someone new pops up. Great fun. Glad to be
the 50th state for a few folks this weekend.  73 Rich KL7RA