[3830] CQ160 SSB N4PN(@W8JI) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4pn@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4PN(@W8JI) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:42:18 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: W8JI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Barnesville, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 1305  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 52  Total Score = 425,370

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

With the anticipated bad weather to the West, things did not look too good
going out to Tom's on Friday night. At the start, the QRN was not horrible
but not long into the evening, static crashes were 15db over even on the
beverages....

When I stopped on Saturday morning, I had a total of 8 Europeans in the
log and a score of 124K....Got back in the chair around 4pm on Saturday
afternoon and could work 2 point contacts with no problem but the QRN
got back to over s9 early in the evening. Then, around 11pm Eastern time,
the band suddenly got quiet and the Europeans came from everywhere. In
about three hours had worked 101 Europeans and I probably missed that
many more!! Some of the better DX was RU6, H22H, SV1. VK3EW called me
on Sunday morning with a good signal. Thanks to Gordon, for finding me
for VP2E and Rich, KL7RA was great for many hours. AH7X called in to
complete the 50 state sweep - and I can remember when you were really
somebody if you had all 50 states on 160 - which took years!!

I am amazed at Tom's ability to build and maintain such a great 160m
station. Everything worked to perfection..(mine, that is - but he is
forever thinking of something that will improve the operation.)
You would have to see the W8JI antenna farm and station to truly
appriciate his abilities and dedication. Thanks Tom for letting me
have the thrill of operating from such a super setup.

Thanks to Tom and Marsha for again putting up with me for the weekend.
You always make me feel welcome! 'Til the next time.

73, Paul