[3830] CQ160 SSB VA3KA(@VE3QAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ka@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VA3KA(@VE3QAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 05:22:23 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VA3KA
Operator(s): VA3KA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 860  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 31  Total Score = 387,990

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Special thanks to Bert VE3QAA for the use of his antenna farm!

Nice to hear so many CCO'ers on the bands. Congratulations to VE3EY, VE3NE and
VE3AP for great scores and competition.

As everyone else is reporting it was very noisy here Friday night (even on the
beverages). Nice EU run at European sunrise. Not too bad Saturday night, but I
did not feel conditions were as good.

Had a very hard time staying focused/awake during that lull from 0200-0600.
Need to figure out how to adjust my pre-contest sleep patterns.

Worked 49 States (missed KL7RA for WAS) and all 10 Canadian provinces (thanks
to VY2LI in the last hour!). Did not get LB/NT/NU/YT of course.

Only real complaint is NA stations calling CQ in the so called DX window. On
MANY occasions I could hear DX calling CQ under USA stations calling CQ. What
is the proper thing to do? Ignore the DX or call them over the LOUD NA station
and get flamed??

See you next year.