[3830] ARRLDX SSB WB9Z SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jerry@daca.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WB9Z SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 07:23:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB9Z
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: WB9Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   33    28
   80:  140    60
   40:  132    58
   20:  828   104
   15:  351    65
   10:   34    16
-------------------
Total: 1518   331  Total Score = 1,507,374

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had not operated this contest for the last 5 years from home.
The last 4 from PJ2T and before that 9M0M on Spratly.  Operating
from Illinois really SUCKS with no 10 meters.  I can remember making
over 3000 Qs from home in this contest back in 99 and 2000.

Friday night started out with huge noise levels on 160, 80 and
40 with 40 mph winds and snow, even the beverages had high noise levels.
I dared not trying to turn the 3 ele. 80 or 3 ele. full sized 40m yagi,
to save the rotors for later days.

Saturday was better with nice runs on 20 into EU until some east coast
big gun would muscule in within 300 cycles and kill my rate.

Saturday night was much better on the low bands and I played catch up
most of the evening.

I had fun playing with the Orion 2... my first SSB Contest with it.

A BIG CONGRATS to the PJ2T crew of W0CG, WE9V, KA9FOX, and K9NW for their
excellent score!  I wish I could have been there.

WB9Z