[3830] ARRLDX SSB OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:16:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OK5R
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   83    27
   80:  407    46
   40:  852    56
   20: 1575    59
   15:  829    49
   10:
-------------------
Total: 3746   237  Total Score = 2,663,406

Club:

Comments:

There was some "magic" in 160m propagaqtion, I checked many times and ALWAYS
heard W3LPL,K3LR and W1FJ very loud - all the time, only rarely others? There
was not significant variation in strength, but mostly no response to my CQ,
sometimes a semi-decent pileup. Once even one of those called in once more and
asked how is his signal ?! He told me I am loud there but almost the only one
on the band, so I do not know. In CW the variation in strength was significant
- even there were moments when no one at all was audible ?!?
Propagation was significantly better than in the CW part. 20m "lasted" almost 2
hours longer.
I was nicely surprised by 15m - it was sort of slow in saturday and everything
was comming from SA, so I moved back to 20m having only some 15 states, beeing
almost content it is all, but later it opened once more and after first day I
had 38 states, Sunday was even better, most of the stations came direct and
even a couple of W6&7 made it through. 829 QSO there was nice and unexpected
surprice. It also explains not so nice number of QSOs on 20m.
Overall I am happy with the score - much less than last year but much more than
2 years ago....

Thanks everyone for the QSO and hope to meet you once more in the next contest
!

73 !

Jiri
OK5R - OK1RI