[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PS(@N2MM) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PS(@N2MM) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:29:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: N2MM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   27    22
   80:  105    55
   40:  182    72
   20:  632    96
   15:  362    80
   10:   26    14
-------------------
Total: 1334   339  Total Score = 1,354,644

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

At the invitation of Carol, N2MM, I operated from her station for this one.  And
it turns out to have been a good idea.  Along with the gracious hospitality,
being able to use HP, high antennas, and packet came in very handy, given the
relatively poor condx.

The contest almost didn't start for me when, after I got most of the station
ready to go, the power went out.  A call to the utility company got a response
of "we don't know what caused it, and it probably won't be back up until 0100Z"
(of course, the recorded message didn't say "0100Z", but you get the idea).
Luckily, though, the lights came back on at 2345Z, just enough time to finish
setup and start on time.  Murphy was banished then and there.

20 was the money band this time around, although I tried really hard to spend
as much time as I could on 15.  The QRM on 20 made it very tough to find a
frequency and tougher to hear.  Ten meters finally opened in a fashion on
Sunday, after 0 QSOs Saturday.  Various areas of the Caribbean and South
America would open and close and you had to be there at the right time.  Packet
wasn't much help there - I had a list of stations that I couldn't hear - but I
kept going back often to the list until a mult became audible.  FY5KE was the
first to pop through, and the QSO made it 6 bands for them and 8P1A.

Had fun and will look forward to next year and more sunspots!

Pete, K2PS