[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0TO SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tod@k0to.us
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0TO SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:12:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0TO
Operator(s): K0TO
Station: K0TO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Idaho
Operating Time (hrs): 22.75

  160:   11    10
   80:   39    25
   40:   79    42
   20:  402    92
   15:   79    37
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  615   210  Total Score = 382,410

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Four hours before the start of the Contest the local power company cut the wires
to the three bad lightning arrestors that had been generating S9+20 dB noise on
all bands since Dec 12 last year. The result was like moving to a new QTH out
in the country with underground power.

When I began to log the JA's sending 010 and 005 I could hardly believe it. JA
is on a direct line from my station to the noise source.

Working more countries on 160 than on 10 tells the tale of what it is like to
be at the 'bottom of the cycle' [I hope this is the bottom].

I "repaired" a bunch of spots during the contest but have begun to wonder if
that was such a good idea. If someone had screwed up the call and others were
calling blind I was denying them the opportunity to find how "Trauma Teaches"
when the bad calls were dumped by the log checkers. QSLing suffers too.

Tod, K0TO

 guess