[3830] ARRLDX SSB SM6U(@SK0UX) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm6u@sk6aw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB SM6U(@SK0UX) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:50:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: SM6U
Operator(s): SM6U
Station: SK0UX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Stockholm
Operating Time (hrs): 15h

  160: 1231    58
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1231    58  Total Score = 209,884

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Wow, this was a contest with weird conditions. Working two Single-Operator
categories, SOSB/20 going for the SM-Record, and SOSB/40 for fun. First hours
of the contest did not start very well. Almost three hours of CQ rendered in
*2* qso's on 40m, while southern europe was working loads of NA wich I hardly
heard at all. SM0W/Teemu did better on 80m with more than 100 QSO's during the
first night. Later during saturday, I once again heard southern EU work NA way
before I heard them. A few hours later, the conditions came to us also, but
several valuable hours into W1-4 was lost already. I could see the SM record
float away already :) 20m closed early, and I took a break, and went down to 40
quite late concidering yesterdays bad conditions. This was a mistake, 40 was
basically cooking compared to yesterday, and I worked almost 100 qso's in an
hour before going to sleep. This was quite funny as 80m was almost stone dead
for Teemu this night. Sunday had great conditions on 20m, opening at the same
time as for the rest of EU, but around 19z I noticed I was 500 qso's short to
catch the old SM-Record, and QRM levels on 20m was totally horrible, so we went
QRT and gave up for the weekend. Perhaps I'll make a new try next year.

Ants:
20m: 6el Quad (SM6U)
40m: 2el Quad (SM6YOU)

Big thanks to SM0W/Teemu for hosting me at SK0UX during the weekend! I'd also
like to thank SM6DOI, SM6MIS & SM6YOF for lending me equipment for the contest!