[3830] ARRLDX SSB ZP0R(ZP5AZL) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azl@quanta.com.py
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ZP0R(ZP5AZL) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:51:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZP0R
Operator(s): ZP5AZL
Station: ZP5AZL

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Paraguay
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2046    59
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2046    59  Total Score = 362,142

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

To much noise the first day..saturday morning and afternoon i was able to copy
only the station that was capable to hear over a S7 continuos and torturating
noise. My apologies to all the fellow that i can not hear  because that.
I have a stack of 3 monobaders (5el) for 15. and saturday only i can work with
the lowest one that is 40 feet high..the top is a 110 feet high and the middle
is at 75 feet high..) the first day was almost imposible to use it because the
noise almost kill my ears..(after contest i saw the spoting and some guy put
...poor ears)  run a pileup with constant S7 noise in the band believe me is
not healthy..anyway that is life and contest. the first day i only can manage
to made 818 qsos because this problem. And was a day ( the first day) with a
very early and great opening to USA (12:00 utc).

Second day the noise was off ( after the contest i saw in the news that a big
pipe of water was broke and was lot of electrical engines working in the street
to fix it..Uff !! )
but the propagation on 15 the second day come very late comparing with the
first day..i can hear the first station almost to 17:00 utc time..14:00 local
time..in the mean time the Brazilian guys have a early open.

With not noise and a lot of station still to work..i could manage a  nice rate
for 5 continuos hours loggin anothers 1010 qsos..then i suffer another Mister
Murphy attack and the MFJ voice keyer stuck transmiting and i have to turn of
the amplifier..and the radio to figuer out what happen..move to the other radio
(IC-756) and the other amp..and strangely the amps doesnt work ONLY ON 15 METER
!! so i take of the voice keyer..put direct to the 765, went back to the first
amp and continue to run..but i loose almost one hour of a very nice
propagation..then the remaining hour i can log anothers 218 qsos to complete a
total of 2046 qsos on 15 meters.

Congratulations to Sergio ( ZX5J ) he has a really big station  in a top of a
hill in Boa Vista near Florianopolis and he is a really good operator also..and
to Alfredo WP3C to  a very nice score for Low power station.

If the noise on first day did not happen the think  had to be really
diferent..but you know Mr. Murphy some time apear without invitation..hihi

Was really nice to see many friends in this contest who answer my cq call,
spoting me and support me during this Marvelous contest that is one of my
favorite.

See you in next contest.

God Bless you all

73 de