[3830] NA Sprint RTTY AH8DX/W7 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY AH8DX/W7 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:49:23 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: AH8DX/W7
Operator(s): AH8DX
Station: AH8DX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:   0        0
   40:  51      2.5
   20:  32      1.5
---------------------
Total:  83     Mults = 27  Total Score = 1,537

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K2 x 2
Antenna: 4BTV Vertical x 2 (No 80 Mtrs)
Software: Writelog

I have always been a phone and cw operator but since rtty is the new rave I
thought I would try to get started with it. First time with so2r also; I have
always used just one radio. I live in a restricted neighborhood with CCNR's and
this is all I could put up without being noticed by too many.

I used two laptops but the network stopped working right before the test so the
serial numbers didn't come out correctly. I kept an eye on which guys I worked
and made sure not to work them too soon. I ran 5 watts so sorry for my week
signal and the repeats. I think my elevation here on Cooper Mountain helped out
a little.

The test was alot of "FUN" and hopefully this is just the start of something
good. I plan on traveling to some dx spots and my new rtty station will be in
the suitcase.

Thanks to all of the guys that heard my signal. CU in the next rtty test.

Craig, AH8DX