[3830] OkQP K4BK SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K4BK@ARRL.Net
Subject: [3830] OkQP K4BK SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:17:08 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K4BK
Operator(s): K4BK
Station: K4BK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Jacksonville, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 13:50

  160:      0       0
   80:      5       0
   40:     45       0
   20:     25       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:     75       0  Mults = 33  Total Score = 7,650

Club:

Comments:

Pitifulâ?¦Pitifulâ?¦Pitiful!  This yearâ??s effort is barely half of what I was
able to do last year with only a 3-band dipole up 15 feet (not meters).  The
propagation gods certainly were not smiling this weekend, at least not at my
QTH.  I was not surprised, but I was disappointed at the lack of 10 and 15
meter activity.  80 Meters was not much better.  And the noiseâ?¦ well enough
said about that.  And my grandchildren have not acquired an appreciation for
contesting, nor should they until they are able to talk.  I had visitors so I
pushed strollers, pulled wagons and kept the swings swinging.  Several visits
to the back yard were so unexpected that I forgot to log off of the logging
program.  The posted operating time is not accurate.  During their snack breaks
and naps, I found time to work some Oklahoma stations.  Itâ??s a sad time when
my brother Gordon, K4OD, just beats my socks off.  I can usually stay close to
him.  There is always next year and I am looking forward to it.  Thanks to the
OKDXA for a great contest.  And also to the rovers who put some nice signals on
the air this weekend.

Collins 75S-3C and 32S-3
Hustler 5 Band Vertical
Inverted Vee on 80 Meters