[3830] Commonwealth G4BUO Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G4BUO Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:39:47 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G4BUO

Class: Open HP
QTH: Penshurst, England
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   64
   40:   98
   20:  128
   15:   50
   10:    4
------------
Total:  344  Total Score = 5,920

Club:

Comments:

Win-Test says I had 6.5 hours off but apart from two breaks of 20
minutes or so I was at the rig for the whole time. Very enjoyable, you
have to keep thinking, moving, listening though when the MUF drops and
the VEs go weak and watery on 40m it can get to be hard work.

I thought 15 was going to open to VK on Sunday morning, VK2AYD and VK4TT
were loud, as well of course as the VK6s, but then it fizzled out again.
I made 60 QSOs more than last year so the publicity and team event seem
to have had the desired effect, and propagation-wise things can only get
better!

Great pleasure to work Beru stalwart Mavis, VK3KS on 20m

Dave G4BUO