[3830] OkQP N8II SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP N8II SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:40:16 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      0        0
   80:     14        0
   40:    114       26
   20:     97       73
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    225       99  Mults = 70  Total Score = 61,010

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My XYL had us out for an enjoyable show in DC Friday evening, arrived home late,
so I didnâ??t have my â??A gameâ?? on for this one. I couldnâ??t quite stay put
for 12
hours straight and the last 2 I was pretty fatigued. I can imagine how the
mobiles felt about then, Hi! There was no shortage of special calls and I
easily had OKLAHOMA worked for the award within a few hours. Virtually everyone
with a special 1X1 call showed up for more than a few Qâ??s. This made it fun,
but not all of the players were known, Hi! Condx were not the greatest. 40 was
OK Saturday until around 1630Z when signals from the rovers became too weak to
copy for the most part. 20 was open well from 15-20Z and faded out nearly
completely by 2145Z with our sunset not until past 23Z.

Sunday was slow at times as was late Saturday, but there was a burst of
activity around 16Z as 20 meter skip went a bit shorter; it started to open
around 13Z here. The WiQP started an hour before the end and I was guilty of
spending a bit too much time chasing those guys.

The mobiles did a great job and signals were surprisingly good especially
during the morning on 40M from them. There were certainly plenty of them and
they did a good job of running the pile-ups. You had to be on full time it
seemed to have a chance at a sweep of the counties; I didnâ??t do that well and
propagation played a part in missing some of them when they spent most of their
time on 40, or when 20 was closing/closed Saturday. I just missed N5K in
Cimarron Saturday and Sunday when he started there condx just werenâ??t
cooperating.

 Thanks to all the rovers who made this a really fun event along
 with the 1x1 special event calls. Thanks to K5YAA who had bad luck with his
vehicle for organizing this popular event and checking the logs. A few more
guys operating from home would help the event along, but the rovers made up for
that this year.