[3830] OkQP KK8I SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl2hbx@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] OkQP KK8I SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:43:20 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: KK8I
Operator(s): KK8I
Station: KK8I

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:     12        1
   40:    136       21
   20:     37        6
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    185       28  Mults = 72  Total Score = 43,992

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

FT-1000MP, G5RV @ 35ft

I entered the contest at 1530Z on Saturday morning, trying to spell out
OKLAHOMA with the special calls. I had not read the rules precisely, so I kept
looking for special stations with the number 5 in the call. It wasn't until
Sunday that I completed the Oklahoma Spelling Bee the hard way...

The mobile activity started to catch my interest after a while, but I still had
no intention to really participate in the contest. In between trying to catch
HV0A on20m, doing some chores in the house, preparing for a party that night
and working down emails, I worked a couple of stations and it was fun. The
contest bug did not really bite until about 21Z, two hours later, I switched
from paper log (sorry for a few dupes!) to NA.

The mobiles were a lot of fun. My mobile hit list is this:

  W5L - 28
  N4O - 23
  K5O - 21
  K5K - 19
  W9MSE - 16
  K5Y - 10
  W0K - 10
  K5H - 9
  K5AAR - 7
  AA5CK - 3

Missed BEA, BRY, CHO, CRA and MCU counties.

The time change on Sunday morning sure created some confusion, and some
stations were still making QSOs way after the end of the contest. On one
occasion, my daughter saw me laugh out loud when I heard a mobile realize that
he was giving out wong county information and spelled out the four-letter C
word on. She never thought that CW contesting could be fun...

Thanks to the organizers you for a nicely set up activity, I hope to see many
of you in the Michigan QSO Party on April 21/22.

73! Uli, KK8I