[3830] Rus DX WX3B SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX WX3B SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:15:01 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0      0        0         0
   80:    0     58       17         0
   40:  104      0       32         6
   20:   99     64       43        25
   15:    0      0        0         0
   10:    0      0        0         0
Total:  203    122       92        31  Total Score = 209,664

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Interesting Contest - I was ALL EXCITED about it and set alarm for
7:00am.

In front of radio at 7:30am ready to run 20 for all it was worth.

Knew I was in BIG trouble when I heard 9A1UN at S3 with S9 peaks.

Dead Quiet band.  I parked it at 14.150.7 and CQed into thin air for
about 7
minutes before giving up on that idea.  Pounced around and finally got
a slow
run going on 20CW.

The good news:  Maybe this WON'T happen during WPX!

Called my son and went to ski Liberty to enjoy the 8 inches of FRESH
POWDER.
Skiing conditions better than 20m conditions...better exercize and
gorgous day
outside!  It was his BEST DAY at Liberty...

Arrived home at 7:00-ish to enjoy a robust 40 meter CW run to EU.  80m
in
pretty good shape - went cherry-picking the SSB spots and listened to
the CW
band.  Couldn't get a good going (pre-EU-Sunrise).  Fun bumping into
the VA QSO
Party folks.  My hat is off to the hosts that have guests at their
house for
these types of events - heard some new operators having a great time at
NI1N
and W4MYA.

Sunday morning - slept late, went downstairs at about 8:00am to
discover I
missed a BOOMING 20 meter opening to EU at the end of the Russian DX
contest.

Looking forward to WPX SSB!

73,

Jim  WX3B