[3830] BARTG W7WHY SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG W7WHY SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:29:14 -0700
                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 4.1
Radios: SO2R

   80:    4       1          3
   40:   47       5         13
   20:   84      26         18
   15:    1       1          1
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  136      33         34  Continents = 4  Total Score = 36,448

Club:

Comments:

Fun contest, although conditions were really punk here Saturday morning.  Took
the family up to Eel Lake and watched the salmon come through the fish ladder.
Darn 'no fishing' sign :-)  Worked a bunch of JA stations Saturday night on 20.
That was the best run of JA stations I've had in quite a spell.  They must have
been out in force this contest.

Sunday morning was pretty good and worked a few before church.  Operators are
really getting savvy on RTTY.  Only problem I saw was that lots of stations
send their number twice and the time once.  Time is also part of the exchange.

You can sure tell that computers have syncronized the times.  Just about every
station I worked was right on the button with the same time I sent.  I remember
 BC (Before Computers) times could be anywhere from 5 minutes before or after my
time.  How many remember sending this exchange on a machanical machine.  Did my
first BARTG with a model 15 RTTY machine and a model 14 typing reperf for
calling CQ.  We've come a long way, baby :-)

N1MM Logger worked like a dream.  Thanks to Rick, N2AMG, for all the night
hours he puts into refining the digital program.  The 'picking the call out of
the garbage' works like a champ now.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT + RASCAL + SB-200 ~ 300 watts
Radio 2  FT-840 + RASCAL

N1MM Logger 7.3.3