[3830] VaQP K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:59:59 -0700
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    2      7
   80:   28     57
   40:   46     32
   20:    1      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   77     96      0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 14,500

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I also had 2 K4NVA qsos; not sure if that is 500 or 1000 extra points.

I got on mainly to chase my buddy AD8J (N4T) around VA, but only worked him 3
or 4 times. However, I did find that the VaQP was a good way to multitask with
the NCAA basketball tournament.  I did succeed in working a lot of VA guys who
chase me around my various mobile QSO party efforts - glad to return the favor!

A very different kind of QSO party - no CW QRQ mobiles chasing around the
state, but lots of SSB activity and a lot of newer 2x3 callsigns. It is unusual
to have my biggest QSO number on 75 SSB, where in some QP's I work zero guys.

For a good part of the time, the skip on 40 meters to northern VA was not quite
short enough from Cleveland. Those guys could be weak while guys in Richmond and
further south/east were booming in.

I now have a daughter living in Arlington, so a trip to VA to be one of those
QRQ mobiles might some day be possible.  However, the event first needs to be
tightened up, probably to one day. A 10 pm local Sunday night quitting time is
much too long!

CU all in five weeks in the Michigan QSO Party, Saturday April 21.

Jim   K8MR