[3830] VaQP W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:05:37 -0700
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

  160:
   80:   17     11
   40:   18     28
   20:   19    227
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   54    266      0  Mults = 82  Total Score = 41,828

Club:

Comments:

Since the above summary doesn't tell the whole scoring story, the actual numbers
are:

SSB 204*1 + CW 48*2 + Mobile 68*3 + K4NVA 500 = 41828 = 320 total Qs.

There was a 20m pipeline from Kansas to Virginia most of both days .. a real
pleasure to operate. Couldn't put in a full effort but the time I spent I
really enjoyed. Lots more mobiles on SSB so once I found a clear frequency they
found me and kept coming back. After roving in Oklahoma last weekend, it was
surprising how fast they got into different counties and independent cities ..
lots closer together. I did hear some CW, but most of the activity seemed to be
on SSB so that's where I stayed. My second radio was still in the van so I
couldn't use it to find mults this time while calling CQ VA. Really missed it.

Particularly enjoyed hearing KF4TJI and KF4TJJ out having a great time and
giving out 2 Qs each time.  Carol (TJJ) always seemed to be one contact behind,
so the last time they checked in, I got my XYL, Lorna (K0WHY) to give her a
contact and even the score.  I'll be curious to see how that competition turned
out!

Many thanks to the rovers and expeditions including several rovers who were
just out for a drive and happened to hear me on. If I can read my scribbled
list, they included N4T, W4MY, K4PK, W3ZI, K4JJR, K4WFO, K4KAJ, W4ART, N4DJ,
K3JRR, KG4YXP, KG4GWB and expedition WT4M (plus those listed above). Great
job!

The web site info was also helpful. I printed out the QSO Analysis so I could
see what the "rare" counties were.  In one case, WA4API called in from Danville
(DAX) and gave me QSO #1. According to the QSO Analysis, Danville had no Qs
posted in either 2005 or 2006, so I encouraged him to call CQ and see what it
felt like to be rare DX. I think he went down 5 and did just that, and judging
by the "background" comments on the frequency, I'll bet he had a great run.

Thanks also to the Sterling Park ARC for a well-run QSO Party. And congrats to
Bill, VE3CRU who it appears blew the top off of several VAQP out-of-state
records. Maybe someone scored even higher than Bill, but if so, he/she wasn't
heard in KS!

See you all down the log.

73, Bob, w0bh