[3830] Rus DX HB0/9A8MM M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scores@rkp.hr
Subject: [3830] Rus DX HB0/9A8MM M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:27:56 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: HB0/9A8MM
Operator(s): 9A2SX, 9A3AXX, 9A6XX, 9A8MM
Station: HB0/9A8MM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Masescha, 1350masl
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    1      1        1         0
   80:  358     90       37        45
   40:  412     46       30        46
   20:   76      2       11        18
   15:   15      1        8         4
   10:    2      1        2         0
Total:  864    141       86       116  Total Score = 931,220

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Great fun in HB0!

It was nice to be the first ever to try RDXC from HB0 - along with our WWYC
buddies HB0/DK4YJ a mile from us.

Pile ups before the contest were amazing but as soon as the contest started we
had no chance for a decent run - mountains to the east and crowded bands were
simply too much for our setup.

We made total of only 160 UA QSOs and almost the same number of North America
QSOs. 60% of our small numbered 20m QSOs are with USA.

Not that we headed for a result but we expected much more QSOs since many
compliment our signal on the bands!

On top of all Murphy decided to break some fibers we used and 2 hours before
the end of the contest visited our amplifier.

Still, everything was so great... beautiful nature, stressless country, nice
operating expirience, great DL friends...

Equipment:
TS440S+IC2KL
Spiderbeam (20-10m), 40/80 Inv V

Thanks to everyone that helped us to activate HB0 and hopefully we'll be back
in RDXC 2008 from some other DXCC.

QSL will reach you via the bureau.
Photos:
http://www.rkp.hr/active/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=51&func=viewcategory&catid=81