[3830] WPX SSB W1UE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1UE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:47:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE(NB1B)
Station: W1UE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   22
   20:  142
   15:   36
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

After many years of being NB1B I decided to try another primary callsign.  I did
S&P only, and wanted to get a feel for how quickly this call could be grasped by
the station called.  I used the phonetics Whiskey One Uniform Echo.  Of the 200
QSOs, I was copied correctly on the first try by 188 stations, copied as W1UT 8
times, and as W4UT 4 times(for the purposes of this test, a "QRZ?" or a "W1?"
didn't count as a try).  For those that copied W1UT, changing the last letter
phonetic to "Easy" or "Ecuador" resulted in correct copy on the 2nd try.

I haven't tried the call on CW yet, but no one should be miscopying my call as
"N6JB" any more.

See you down the log.

Dennis W1UE (ex-NB1B)