[3830] WPX SSB NA7XX(W0MU) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NA7XX(W0MU) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:13:51 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NA7XX
Operator(s): W0MU
Station: NA7XX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   45
   40:  243
   20:  577
   15:    9
   10:
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I think ugly pretty much sums this one up.  Terrible conditions from here.  If
it was not the aurora then it was the power line noise.  I worked everything I
heard but running was a real challenge.  You know it is bad when you can't run
US-VE. 15 was open just the first night.  Nothing on Saturday or Sunday.  Could
not run on 40 or 75 first night and pretty much tossed in the towel at that
point.  Went to bed and probably missed the best part of the contest running
JA's on 40m.

I am a volunteer fire fighter and we got called out on a wild land fire around
2pm on Saturday.  That was much more exciting than the bands!  Unfortunately
unless we get some serious rain or snow this will be a very long fire season.

Saturday night 40 and 75 seemed to be good but I had no takers.  Very strange
conditions.

Sunday, I felt like I was getting out well.  I think there was some serious
inbound signal dampening going on as most callers (when I could run) were very
weak.

Was it just me or was packet spotting way down this year?