[3830] WPX SSB W2IRT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W2IRT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:16:15 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Northern NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 23.6

------------
  160:   47
   80:   72
   40:  201
   20:  576
   15:   76
   10:    0
------------
Total:  972  Prefixes = 548  Total Score = 1,146,416

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I made a semi-serious effort this weekend, although lots of household stuff had
to get done as well.

20m was a zoo, 15 was a wasteland and 10 wasn't even worth retuning the
amplifier for! 40 was decent in the evening, but 80 and 160 had a little too
much QRN to get going on, plus I had to call it an early night both nights,
which sure didn't help.

Because 20 was the only viable band for the most part, it was jammed tighter
than I've seen it since CQWW 2002 or 2003. Finding (and/or holding) a run
frequency from this little pipsqueak station was a heck of a challenge, too.

No big surprises, but a few nice ones. Had fun for the most part, of course.
I'd really like to do this one from a big M/M next year, though.

73,
Peter, W2IRT