[3830] WPX SSB KO0U(K0OU) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KO0U(K0OU) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:00:20 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KO0U
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   21
   80:  132
   40:  370
   20:  670
   15:   58
   10:    0
------------

Club: KCDXC

Comments:

I like the WPX format of everyone works everyone, and everything counts
something. That makes it fun for a little pistol station that can put an odd
prefix on the air. Spent more time than I intended, but I did get some sleep
each night. Not much going until Sunday, then 20 and 40 picked up. 15 never
produced anything and not even a peep on 10 - that made 20 meters a real zoo.
80 was fun with our new SSB privleges. Contesters able to co-exist with the
"good ol' boys" pretty well.  Got some CW QRM on 3.723 from an N5 calling CQ. I
wonder if he thought he was still in the novice band. Also Someone told me I was
out of the band on 7.147. I grinned and continued making Q's. Was nice to work
some Europeans direct around that freq.  Then I picked up some nice African
mults toward the end - ST2R, EH1A, and 3DA)EI answered my cq's on 20 m in the
last 2 hours, and then I busted the pile on C52T in the last hour - fun!
I still prefer the CW part in May - but this one will keep me from going into
withdrawals until then.
CU all in May - K0OU (KO0U in WPX)