[3830] WPX SSB VE3SY M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paul@ve3sy.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE3SY M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:14:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3SY
Operator(s): VE3DZ, VE3EY,  VE3NWA, VE3SY
Station: VE3SY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 43

------------
  160:  155
   80:  478
   40:  932
   20: 1260
   15:  131
   10:   22
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Many thanks to Yuri VE3DZ, Nick VE3EY, Peter VE3NWA who assisted for VE3SY to
operate M/2 class for this years SSB WPX.   Thanks also to Paul VE3TA for the
generous loan of his ACOM 2000A amp for our RUN2 station.  Friday night QRN
levels and poor EU path on Saturday AM kept the Q rate below our expectations
however Saturday night saw decent Q rates on the lower bands and Sunday
resulted in some decent runs on the higher bands.

Antennas are monobanders... North tower has 4el on 20 with 3 el on 15 and 10.
South tower hosts an A4 tribander and a 2 element 40 metre beam (tuned for CW
end of band).  160 - 40 antennas were dipoles with a NE<>SW beverage.  Rigs
were both FT-1000MP - one into an ALPHA 87A and the other an ACOM 2000A.   For
logging we decided to use Win-Test and while a few familiarization issues
arose, it proved to be very stable.

Thanks as well to my wife Marg VE3RE who kept us all well fed and lots of
coffee on hand.   And of course thanks to all fellow contesters for the Qs.

Paul VE3SY