[3830] WPX SSB ZM3WW(ZL3WW) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dule.zl3ww@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZM3WW(ZL3WW) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:53:08 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM3WW
Operator(s): ZL3WW
Station: ZL3WW

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1428
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Finally, the torture of the phone part of WPX has come to past.
On the first day, two hours before the band got closed, the generator
ran out of the fuel leaving me probably 1 million points short.
Later on, Iâ??ve found additional 3 litters stashed somewhere in the
trunk of the car, but it was already too late. As Srecko YU1DX would
say: "Murphy just wonâ??t let me alone". I had lot of spelling related
problems with the Japanese hams, but that was kind of expected.
The cw part is coming and it should be real relief after the phone
part, especially because I prefer it over the ssb. The real help
came from computer guru ZL1KMN who came in to rescue and installed
everything that I needed for the voice recordings. Itâ??s so much
easier hitting the F1 and other function keys instead of non-stop
talking for 30 hours, but I guess you all knew that, right?
The European small pistol stations (those having attic antennas for
40m and special super-duper 3m whip having 12.8 dB gain) canâ??t really
expect that I hear them at 4pm my local time, 3 hours before sunset.
They should either wait for the propagation peak, or get the better
antennas, or be more disciplined when Iâ??m asking for a call partial
and not calling all at once which unfortunately became the norm.
Perhaps they should listen and learn from Japanese operators â?? they
are so well behaved and disciplined that working the weaker stations
is not problem at all. The equipment was a standard one: TS930,
KNTD400 amplifier, 3 el full size yagi and quarter wave vertical for
40m (that actually helped me to pick up some callers coming on a
side lobe of the beam, such as couple of JAs and/or VKs during
my Ws run). Finally, thanks again to everyone who called me and see
you again in cw part of the contest. ZM3WW qsl cards will be printed
by SKY CC club and YT6A, whilst sending the cards via bureau will be
handled by YU1FW.