[3830] WPX SSB CN5W(@CN2WW) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f6irf@free.fr
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB CN5W(@CN2WW) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 03:15:29 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: CN5W
Operator(s): CN8PA F5IQA F6IRF
Station: CN2WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Dar Bouazza
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   31
   80:  309
   40:  430
   20: 1833
   15:  937
   10:   24
------------

Club: DBCG

Comments:

IC735 +  2x3-500z / IC7000 + 4x811a
A3S tribander and wires... (multiplier hunting with the 160m dipole !)

Personally, my worst contest experience from CN... very disappointing,
especially one month after a nice ARRL-DX-CW.
First of all it was SSB (IMHO the worst contesting mode; should never had
touched this "thing" again !) and secondly nothing worked as expected...
We had to cancel "last minute" the initial plans which were to operate from
CN8MC in Rabat (the 40-2CD still broken and potential interference risks with
5C8A initially announced SOAB), and as we already had the "not refundable
tickets" improvise a quick alternative. Obviously it did not turn out to be a
good idea, at least for the score !
Anyway, we still had fun, if not always during the contest, at least before and
after ! Despite the very poor conditions Mohamed and Jean-Luc could still enjoy
a few good runs on 15 and 20, unproductive in terms of Q-points, but at least
they could keep a run going, which almost never happened on 40 and 80...
We will remind only the good things: Morocco friendly people and hams, food,
wine, weather, the good ambiance within the team and a nice evening in Casa
with Dick W7ZR (alias 5C5Z ).
A special thanks to SiMo' CN8PA for the time and efforts spent for taking down
his home A3S and rotator, putting them back on the "beach-house" tower, then
down and up again !
See you in the CW part -  Insha'Allah !

For the Dar Bouazza Contest Group
Patrick
F6IRF/CN2WW

more soon on http://cn2ww.blogspot.com/
Paper-QSL via EA7FTR, Electronic confirmations through LOTW and E-QSL.cc