[3830] WPX SSB VE3RM M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3ap@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE3RM M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:19:10 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3RM
Operator(s): VE3OKK, VE3TKN, VA3NPL, VA3YOJ, VA3ISP, VE3LTN, VE3WIB, VE3RM &
VE3AP/LU7DW
Station: VE3RM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: FN25pn
Operating Time (hrs): 42

------------
  160:   84
   80:  499
   40:  766
   20: 1462
   15:  118
   10:    8
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This operation was operated as M2 but we weren't planned to enter in a real
competition, our target was to show to the new contesters how is
running two bands at the same time in a contest, we haven't got a big score,
but we got our target of getting new people in contest.

We had 6 new contesters visiting and operating at VE3RM. These people
was hooked!.  Some of them operate 80 meter during day light to loose
their fear, other more courageous tried 20 meter for the first time during the
EU running, other were monitoring 15 meter looking for some opening, other were

listening VE3SY's operation because as they were M2 same as us and they
could compare his operation with ours, but for sure everybody have fun.

This people isn't only planning to enter in the next Ontario QSO Party (next
weekend) as SO or MOP, at least three operators are planning to enter the CW
course ASAP at the local RC trying to learn the code before WPX CW to
make some QSO in the contest!

Congratulations to Paul VE3SY and his super gang for his score, they
had did a great operation in the low bands.

THANKS again to Don VE3RM for his host, his teaching and his patience.

73, Claudio VE3AP/VE2DWA/LU7DW