[3830] GaQP AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:27:56 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.6

   80:   0       5
   40:   0     172
   20:   0      61
   15:   0       0
   10:   0       0
--------------------
Total:   0     238  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 44  Total Score = 10,472

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (10-40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)
105 foot doublet at 10m (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts
K1KP-style voice keyer (1 message)

Comments:
This GQP came off almost as planned -- I figured I'd be able to operate
Saturday afternoon and evening, then more on Sunday afternoon. Then my wife
calls me Saturday and tells me we've been invited over for a cookout. Well,
there went about half my planned operating time. Only got in 1.3 hours
Saturday. The rest were on Sunday.

This was a very fun operation. I mostly called CQ, and managed to get some good
runs going. 40m was the money band, offering good rates both afternoons. 80m was
incredibly slow, and I moved back up to 40m after a short time late Saturday.

Thanks to everyone for all the Qs. I've already gotten a couple of QSL cards,
which will be answered soon. I was surprised to work four stations with
interim-AG. That's the most upgrades I've worked in a long, long time. I
congratulated each one on their upgrades.

Most memorable QSO was with John, WA8AJE in Ohio. John had just come home from
a hamfest Sunday afternoon, turned on the rig and there I was calling CQ. He
told me about how cold the hamfest was, and we chatted a few minutes about the
weird weather we've been having.

My score here probably isn't completely correct -- I'm not sure N1MM score the
GA stations correctly.

This was my first experience using packet with N1MM. Since Packet spots are
allowed for the GQP, I logged in to a node. The spots weren't terribly useful,
but I did get to see when I was spotted.