[3830] GaQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 05:42:01 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~15

   80:   14      7
   40:  174     57
   20:    9      2
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  197     66  CW Mults = 114  Ph Mults = 44  Total Score = 72,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I didn't really have my A game on for this one. As the band breakdown shows
 it was almost all 40 M from here. During the mid-day from about 15-19Z
 signals were weak, but even the mobiles were loud enough to be worked on
 40. A few of them seemed to avoid 40 when 20 was decent to other areas.
 40 stayed open til 0150Z when I was too tired to continue with any
 enjoyment; I'm sure I missed quite a few mults in those late hours.
 Sunday, 20 peaked around 16Z with only really loud sigs from Tom, W4BQF
 in Cook county near the FL line. W4AN was anout S7 at the same time.
 On 20, I managed a total of 3 very weak QSO's with moblies K4BAI, W3DYA
 and N4PN in Toombs county where my wife's relatives live. In order for
 the GaQP to move to the "major" state QSO party level, more home stations
 need to be encouraged to participate. Considering it's sponsored by the
 2 big GA clubs, the member turnout was pretty low. Many thanks to N4PN,
 K4BAI, NY4N, W3DYA, NM2L, W4MY and others for racing thru the state even
 with the miserable and dangerous thuderstorms Saturday. The QRN
 definitely hurt 80 M activity Saturday evening. It really boosted
 my county totals for USA-CA, especially on CW.

 Suggest the sponsors consider an earlier operating period from 14Z until 24Z
Saturday for the safety of the mobile operators.

                                       CW    PHONE

 Mobiles worked Q's/counties: N4PN - 26/25    3/3
                             K4BAI - 22/21    1/1
                              NY4N - 21/21
                             W3DYA - 20/20
                              NM2L - 19/18