[3830] GaQP N4PN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4pn@cox.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP N4PN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:03:44 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ROVER
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  2338   326  CW Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 39  Total Score = 435,174

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Day 1:
Jeff, my non-ham driver, for the third straight year came early on Saturday
morning. Everything checked out and we headed out after lunch. No problems
until later in the afternoon when heavy rain, hail and lightning was
every-where. We kept going but got way behind before dark. Lost the cw keying
on
the ICOM 706MKIIG and before could get the spare going, had run thru Warren
and McDuffie counties...Somehow, trying to get back to civilization and the
Interstate, we missed/ran thru Jasper county. Ran Butts county for last one
on Saturday night and didn't get back to Monroe before time ran out.

Day 2:
Started out in Monroe county. Everything went much smoother on Sunday. No
rain and no equipment problems. Certain stations seemed to be everywhere,
K5YAA, W1UE, W9RE, W9IU, K8MR, K4EJ, and many others....Glad to give Carl,
K4YT his next to last one in GA (WHEELER) and that county created the
biggest pile-up of the weekend. Got an email from VE6DA who worked me in
TREUTLEN County saying he was a new ham and was glad to work me in /TREU.
"Was I in Gabon Republic?" 'Fraid not! BTW, that was my only contact in the
contest with Alberta.

Most Q's in one county - GLASCOCK - 118 (70cw/48ph)
Least Q's in one county - JEFFERSON - (28cw/0ph)

We stopped to gas up my Trailblazer six times or about 64 gallons of gas.
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did...and we all got back safely.
Jeff didn't ask the question he had asked after the first day three years
ago...and that was - "Are all ham operators as crazy as you?" He's
probably figured out the answer to that question by now.

Equipment/Ants:
2 - ICOM 706MKIIG's
1 - Linear (350w)
2 - Extra Marine Batteries
2 - ETM-9C Keyers
1 - Dell Laptop w/NA
1 - MFJ Tuner
1 - High-Sierra Screwdriver antenna
1 - Mag Mount (on top) with new Ham-Stix antennas & ole reliable Hustlers

73, Paul, N4PN