[3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:31:30 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 20

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   5      3
   40:  21     14
   20:   5      5
-------------------
Total:  31     22  Total Score = 682

Club:

Comments:

I was out of synch and couldn't get the flow going this time out. Score down 895
pts from best-ever outing two weeks ago. Mults up by 1, Qs down by 6. Had a
handful of muff-ups: some operator and some software glitches.

(N1MM doesn't yet support NS. As a result, if the station had been worked on
another band, the long-acquired habit of hitting Enter (enter sends message)
dump my call instead flunked on the dupe flag, and I lost out on the Q).

20M provided a few Qs at the outset but died off fast. 10M into NS I went to
40M with the new half-square (favors SE-NW)...

Best-ever 40M effort was two weeks ago with 10 mults on 18 Qs. This time out,
the half-square provided 14 mults on 21 Qs (put in 5 minutes more to get that
though). Seemed like some stations heard me well, and others not at all -- the
effect of a low-angle antenna, perhaps.

80M was pretty lousy, with just 5 Qs and 3 mults. Still, was quite a bit
better
than Week 4.

Participation seemed WAY (WAAAY) up this week -- lots of new-to-me calls
heard.
This thing's taking off in a big way. Will soon have the 80M delta loop(s) in
the air to do more damage on that band than the ground-mounted all-band
vertical can do.

Listened to 3610 for a while. All the lads were all doing FB up here in BC.