[3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 22:10:22 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 4

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   1      1
   40:  13      6
   20:   8      5
-------------------
Total:  22     12  Total Score = 264

Club:

Comments:

NS LADDER 1.15 - VA7ST
160M:
80M:
 1  NV
40M:
 1  AR   2  CA   3  IN   4  KS   5  TN   6  TX
20M:
 1  IN   2  MD   3  MI   4  NC   5  TX
160M  QSOS =   0 in    0 minutes
 80M  QSOS =   1 in    0 minutes
 40M  QSOS =  13 in   17 minutes
 20M  QSOS =   8 in  11 minutes
TOTAL QSOS  =  22 in  28 minutes
Total MULTS  =  12.
                           *** FINAL SCORE =  264 Points ***

Geez -- that'll drag down a feller's average. Missed two Thursdays in a row and
suffered from not getting into the flow from the outset. N1MM Logger's default
"Robert" exchange caught me on the first Q. Had to quickly configure properly
for Q2 and never really found the swing of things. Apologies to W9RE for
slowing him down a time or two with balky hand-sent exchanges after hitting the
wrong key.

Went to 40M after 11 minutes and heard very few stations there. Couldn't buy a
response to CQ for a while there.

Spent the final couple of minutes on 80M, working only one station. Discovered
while mowing the lawn Monday evening that the vertical's 16-ga aluminum wire
radials have all gone brittle (pH issues, I suspect) and are breaking into
short pieces under the grass. Will have to start running insulated copper, I
guess. Got eight months out of the Al wire.

Nice to see folks spreading out a bit more.