[3830] 7QP K0RC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@pclink.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K0RC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:30:53 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0      0
   80:   17     14
   40:   42     25
   20:   63     41
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  122     80  Mults = 70  Total Score = 36,820

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

The 2007 7QP was a 3-band event from my QTH this year. There was no propagation
on 10m & 15m. When I tried 160m, it was +20 dB of solid noise. I operated 10 of
the 18 hours and took ten breaks greater than 15 minutes. During the day I
worked 20m dry so there wasn't much to do other than QRX for a while. My
operating mode was 99% S&P because I seldom draw much attention when trying to
run with only 100 Watts.

It took a little practice to log the mobile stations that were operating from a
3-county junction, especially on CW. On phone, I talked my way through the
logging steps so the other station knew I was still there. Many of the 7's had
a good run going when I came across them.

I finished up the evening bouncing between 40m and 80m. I worked K7QQ on 80m CW
right before he took off for 160m. I tuned down there but nothing could be heard
with the s-meter hanging at +20 dB of solid noise!

I spent more time this year with less QSO's to show for it (202 vs 258)! My log
has 100 unique callsigns. I worked 14 stations on 3 bands, 22 stations on 2
bands, and 65 stations on 1 band. In 2006 I logged 6 contacts on 160m and 5
contacts on 15m but this year it was zero and zero.

Propagation was fickle, with signals booming in from some areas and at ESP
level from other areas. 80m SSB was especially tough for contacts. The stations
were there but the signals were extrememly weak. The static crashes from Midwest
storms provided another hurdle to overcome.

I want to thank the mobiles who went out to activate many counties. This makes
the event especially fun. I also want to thank the sponsors who did a great
follow-up job last year, getting scores posted and getting awards and
certificates mailed out promptly! I look forward about 5 years when we can all
start this contest on 10m and work our brains out, moving down the RF spectrum
with booming signals once again!

73 de Bob - KÃ?RC in MN