[3830] NewEngQP KK1L Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk1l@arrl.net, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP KK1L Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 06:56:32 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: KK1L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 5:45

   80:              77
   40:
   20:             428
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:     0       505  Mults = 67  Total Score = 33,567

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I generally had a great time, but I really don't understand the pleasure some
folks get laying down a variety of QRM. It really is amazing how one bad apple
can sap the fun right out of something. It must be that I was too close to the
almighty kingdom of SSTV at 14.227.5. I was rather enjoying a nice rate over
150 for over 30 minutes when someone in EU fired SSTV right on freq. Since I
was not working anyone from EU to speak of I just move the upper antenna back
to the US. However is was not much later when someone (naturally unidentified)
whose signal peaked at 150 degrees started with static transmissions, then
Russian and French rebroadcasts. The transmissions were timed to interfere. A
very mature individual I am sure. I feel sorry for him as I picture a very
lonely person with no better way to generate selfworth. With half the stations
I was working below S5 and him at S9 it pretty much took the rate to the
outhouse. I ended up moving, but not until after getting frustrated. I wish
there was a way to punish folks like this.

Despite this I had a good time. The rates (except for that 30 minutes or so)
were quite good.