[3830] 7QP N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:01:02 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    0     0
   80:    3     0
   40:   62     0
   20:   37     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  102     0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 16,524

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Time spent, 15 hours overall, with a lot of breaks within those 15 hours.

I really enjoyed this outing, even if it didn't seem that busy.  Worked a
number of friends along the way.  Looking at last year's results, I have
1/3 fewer Qs, 1/3 fewer mults, and 1/2 the score of last year.  Don't know
if it was propagation or participation.

I used my two 40m dipoles at roughly right angles to each other.  Worked
fine on both 40 and 20m.  Made a difference on some stations.  If I couldn't
work them on one antenna, I switched to the other and usually got the QSO.
There were very few stations I heard that I did not eventually work.

At one point, when things on 40m were slow, I set my K2 to scan and just
monitored the band, looking for a new station to show up.  In the meantime,
I sat at my workbench next to the radio table, and put some more parts into
my LP-100 kit.  Got quite a bit done this way :-)

Now to start prepping for CQ WPX CW.  I need to work on my antennas to
improve the impedance matching.  My 80m vertical wasn't loading right, and
reception was much noisier than in earlier contests.  Gotta look into this.

See you all in the contests.

73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude