[3830] WPX CW NN4GG SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, halken@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN4GG SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 06:28:56 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 33:09
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   21
   80:  174
   40:  545
   20:  928
   15:  158
   10:   28
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Looking at the dismal SFI,K and A just before the start was almost enough to get
me to give it up and go watch the Indy 500.  Contesting is like pizza however -
there is no really bad contesting.  The first day was a gruel - no runs from
here, and only the top tier EU stations were heard.  I did about 25 hours of
S&P on both radios at the same time - my least favorite SO2R mode.  Also, bad
noise appeared from somewhere in the neighborhood on 40, making what is usually
the money band here a problem, and forcing more time on 20.  The second day
things sounded a lot better and I finally got some decent runs going on 20,
late.  10 and 15 were thready all weekend, but there were surprises including
working EU on both bands well after local sundown.  The activity level seemed
good - 20 was full up to 085 the second day, and there were lots of slow
stations to answer low speed CQs high in the band - welcome newcomers.  The
NN4GG call did not cause nearly as much trouble as on SSB, but a few folks
insisted on loging it as N4GG no matter how hard I tried to get them straight.
I can't wait for sunspots.  Now that its summer, the wires in the woods mostly
heat the leaves.  I spent the past week pruning trees and adjusting all the
wire antennas - as most of them rub on limbs here and there and are a potential
fire hazard with this state so dry.  How do I explain setting N. GA on fire for
a radio contest? ...GG

2X: FT1000MP+Inrad, Acom 2000A.  Writelog, homebrew SO2R.  Wires in the woods.