[3830] WPX CW DR4A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DR4A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 07:20:57 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DR4A
Operator(s): DK5PD, DK9VZ, DK9PY, DJ9KM, DL8WAA
Station: DR4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN39VV
Operating Time (hrs): 44

------------
  160:    0
   80:  241
   40:  593
   20: 1002
   15:  414
   10:  321
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

For the first time in SW-Contesting we had to shut down the whole station
because of a thunderstorm. It did cross our QTH from SW to NE overhead on
Saturday but without any severe impact.
The contest brought some indefinite conditions. US opended up very late on
Saturday evening and the low bands did not perform as expected because of heavy
QRN from the storms. So we couldn´t really deploy our new "weapons" (4 el.
Array on 40m and 2 el. Array on 80m) which were supposed to collect a lot of 6P
QSOs on these bands. On Sunday the weather and the conditions went better but
20m stayed our cash cow with 1st time more than 1.000 QSOs on one band. On
sunday afternoon some Es did compensate us a bit on 10 and 15m for the other
conditions.
It was fun again, thanks to the team and cu agn 2008, Wolfgang DK9VZ